Thursday, December 29, 2005

Cashmere.

Just found a cashmere blend yarn on Elann.com. OMG. Am thinking of making the Lace Leaf Shawl out of this first. Can you imagine? A soft, warm hug. In those gorgeous colors. Can hardly keep myself from ordering RIGHT THIS VERY DAMNED MINUTE. Maybe I'll make myself finish Mom's socks first. Got a really good start on the heel last night (although I think the directions are fucktarded, as You Knit What? says--they say to knit 29 [of 30] stitches, then 28, then 27, etc. It makes more sense to me to say, 1-RS: knit to last stitch, turn. 2-WS: purl to last stitch, turn. 3-RS: knit to last 2 stitches, turn. 4-WS: purl to last 2 stitches, turn. etc. NB that they do a fancy wrap stitch that I'm leaving out, but still, how can I count 28 stitches when I'm trying to concentrate on what's happening on Gray's Anatomy???).

No comments: