Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Finally caved.

I showed Mom the pair of socks I'm knitting her, whose measurement I had stalled on ("Work even in stockinette stitch (knit every round) until foot is approximately 1.75/2.25/2.5 inches shorter than desired length of sock, measuring from beginning of toe.") as I didn't have said foot available till now.

Moment of truth: Also, slipping 1/2 the stitches onto a smooth piece of yarn, plus starting the heel shaping, was freaking me out.

She loves them, well, it, so far. I'm glad, and hoping I'll finish by the end of January. I chose the right yarn for her, I think ("Polar ice"). Socks on size 1 needles for a busy mom are... slow.

(I hope to post a UFO pic soon.)

Didn't show her the beige scarf. I'm thinking I can finish it soon and maybe it'll be for her. And if she isn't happy with the beige, I can knit the black one up and present it instead.

1 comment:

Dharma said...

I agree, those are great colors for Sharon.