Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Update on Tigger; new UFO


Here is the latest on the Tigger sweater! I'm very pleased with the fit. I still have decreases to do on the neck, BUT... I want to put a hood on this. This is not in the Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns! I feel like I want to get closer to his natural neckline, but most hooded sweater patterns use pretty much all of the neck stitches, so I should probably start now. Indecision...!


And, of course, I can't resist starting a new project. I'm obsessed with this pattern--Double Rose Leaf from Barbara Walker's Second Treasury of Knitting Patterns. The yarn is a cotton Tahki of which I bought four balls for a scarf for my mother. Turns out, she's good on scarves and would prefer a pullover. So part of this exercise is to see if I want to keep the yarn for myself. It is really lovely and is knitting up beautifully. I think I'll use this pattern for a shawl in some wool laceweight too. Aaaaah. :)

1 comment:

Jenni Henderson said...

OHMYGOSH!!! WE HAVE SO MUCH IN COMMON!!! FIRST OF ALL, MY NAME IS JENNI HENDERSON. SECOND OF ALL, I LOVE TO KNIT!!! EVEN THOUGH I HAVEN'T WRITTEN ANY POSTS ON KNITTING, CHECK OUT MY BLOG AT:
www.jennijournal.blogspot.com
PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT IF YOU LIKED IT!!!