Monday, July 09, 2007

Mystery Shawl 3

It will come as no surprise to you to find that I am a joiner. When I heard about MS3, I was joined up before I even knew it (and changed to "special notices only" shortly thereafter--4000 messages in the FIRST MONTH?!?).

But the recommended color choices are black, white, and off-white/natural. I don't have any laceweight (in enough yardage) in black or white, and the only laceweight I have in natural is the cashmere thread I bought from ColourMart in a fit of "ooh, cashmere" and "aah, laceweight" but not a jot of "oh, if they'd put a quarter in front of the cone I could've seen that it was more like thread than yarn." And do I want to knit with thread? Do I want to knit MS3 with thread?

I do not know. What I do know is that a friend and I are going to be doing an order with KnitPicks soon enough and there just might be some black laceweight added to that order...

No comments: