The Shedir I'm working on was going well, very well, in fact. I got to row 60 with no problems (3/4 done!). Everything lined up, did as it was supposed to... then, as I went to change the row counter from 63 to 64, I knew something was wrong, as I'd just done a knit-the-knits-and-purl-the-purls row. Thought maybe I'd skipped changing the counter, so I put it to 65... and then I was knitting purls and purling knits, and clearly something was wrong.
I was so disgusted that I put it aside. I don't remember having this kind of trouble with the last Shedir I made. I want to be done, admire it, photograph it, and send it off!
sigh. I do hate tinking.