Sunday, January 08, 2006

Ha! Another UFO.

With yesterday's trip to Skein Lane, I bought enough yarn to make the Leaf Lace Shawl from Fibertrends. The yarn I bought is Crystal Palace's Waikiki in "Tidepool" (scroll down). I also splurged on Crystal Palace bamboo circulars to knit it with. I'm so happy about the yarn--I bought it off the cone! She took 3/4 pound off so I'd be sure to have plenty of yarn. Samantha spotted it. She was trying to sell me on Earth, which is lovely, yes, but Tidepool was the one that made my pulse quicken. The gal at the shop said it knit up as worsted weight (wow!). I decided to do my first attempt at Leaf Lace Shawl with a non-hairy yarn rather than doing a lace shawl in something that's hard to rip back. And YES, I'll be doing a Lifeline! (scroll down to "Fixing Mistakes")

I'd like to finish off some UFOs before I cast on. At least I resisted buying the yarn till after Christmas...

1 comment:

Dharma said...

Obviously you should always take me shopping with you. The yarn, that dress, the shoes online. Surely you have the funds to hire me as your personal shopper. LOL